View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:35 AM   #8
madubois63

Okay, here's my 2 cents...The cough MOST CERTAINLY can be from the Herceptin; but since you already have a met in your lungs, when was the last scan you had??? I was "coughing my head off" before discovering the lungs mets. It was explained to me once, but since then I've gotten severe chemo brain and don't retain much. It has something to do with the bodies attempt at trying to defend the invasion causing fluid to fill up the lung. After draining and sealing my lung, I was put on Herceptin. For me, it was hard to differentiate the cough from damage done from the cancer or from taking the Herceptin. I suggest getting an x-ray or PET/CAT scan just to keep an eye out for any fluid build up.

I know having your doctor not listen to you is very frustrating. For me, this would make me consider finding a doctor that knows how to listen. My girlfriend's doctor didn't listen to her complaints...she said she had vision problems. The bc went to her brain. Because he didn't listen or order a simple brain MRI, she's gone now...She was only 41 and left behind 3 young kids. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver