View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
basset girl

Tonya, may God watch over you and your family and give all of you peace during this. I know when I told my 11 year old daughter when I first got my diagnosis she was very anxious. Her father had just died four months before and I didn't know how she would handle it. She did go for counseling for about 6 months to try to deal with her father's death and my diagnosis. It did help her to let some of her anger out. Last summer when they found the suspicious spots on my lung I didn't tell her. Somehow she figured out something was wrong and actually imagined far worse than it really was. I promised her from now on I would be honest and let her know what is happening. Truly the hardest part of all of this has been worrying about her. I have tried to start each day giving my worries and concerns to God and praying for him to watch over my daughter and help me know what to do. He gives us grace for each day and I am praying for your family that he will watch over all of you. I also pray that the new treatment will work wonders and you will be through this soon with brighter days ahead. Sending you a big hug.

Diagnosed 4/06, age 45
IDC, 3.5 cm, 4/7 positive nodes
Stage IIB
Her2++, ER & PR++
Mastectomy, 4 AC, 4 Taxol & Herception for one year
Radiation
Ovaries out 4/07
Currently taking Arimidex and Zometa every 6 months
basset girl is offline   Reply With Quote