View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #20
TSund

Jackie, can you remind me of your initial dx and where you're at now? And also when you started the progesterone in relationship to your dx.

Lois, don't know if you saw my questions up above...

Yes...I totally believe that the estrogen dominance is a predicating factor for bc. Maybe more than just that but there's a lot of research that needs to be done. I think fibrocystic higher bc risk has already been proven; what about the other factors?
THANK-YOU!!!! I'm thrilled to be getting some feedback and having some discussion on this issue.
I am still wondering if there's anyone on here who did take natural progesterone and develped bc anyways. ANd what dosage and type if so.

I take dr's prescribed compounded cream. down to 2 ml a day at 5% concentration.

But remember, I am not the bc patient, so I cannot attest either way.

I am itching to address this with Ruth, but she is also on tamoxifen and of course I have no idea how these interplay. If it were me, I think I'd go to the natural progesterone perhaps even w/o the tamoxifen, but I cannot make that rec for someone else, even Ruth. She trusts and likes our onc. (and I do too for the most part!)
interestingly enough I when I went on natural progesterone 8 years ago due to early menopause I also experienced much of what Lee says happens; the temporary "spike" in symptoms before things got much better, my periods returning to a regular cycle (for years!), the pms problems going away, the tenderness and lumpiness going mostly away, the "pr overload" resulting in estrogen+ symptoms when a change of doc resulted in too high a concentration being used, and more.

So do I read right that there are those of you on it now that were dx'd PR+ and PR-?
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote