View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #27
chrisy

La La La La Whining And Complaining!

Hi all,

Well, it's been a bit of a rough week for what is supposed to be an "easier" drug!

As the infusion started it stung like the dickens and although we got it under control by diluting it with saline, now I have a little clotted vein (just like in my old taxol days) which means one less place to get poked. Bummer.

Then that evening and the next day I was feverish and flu-like, which the doctor thinks was a normal reaction to the monoclonal antibody. One of the other run-DMC-ers had exactly the same reaction so that's an even better opinion.

The next day was just headache - oh, yeah, I had forgotten about Herceptin headaches! And in a budget meeting, no less - talk about torture!

That evening was the capper tho! After drinking a large glass of water I got incredible pain/cramps or whatever in the area of, guess what, my liver. So much so it was painful to take a deep breath! Don't know if it was gas, a muscle spasm or what but I think I'll go with "screaming cancer cells dying bad hollywood deaths". I had to sleep in a chair sitting up and eventually it went away.

So TGIF, girls and boys! Feelin' terrific today ( I guess I DID feel it, Marie!) and looking forward to a (sorry, PinkGirl) nice sunny day in the 70's tommorrow!

Sheila, don't worry about your stock in Kleenex, I've been replacing Avastin nose with tears, so BUY kimberly-clark!

DOWN WITH THE ION!!!!

MUCH LOVE TO ALL

Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote