View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
Chelee

Ceesun, I'm two years out from my MRM so I can't remember the exact time frame...but it wasn't too long afterwards that I had ALOT of pain in that shoulder. It was very difficult to raise my arm upwards or do anything for fear of the pain I would experience if I did so. It came on suddenly. For the first 2 months or so it was fine. I did my exercises and all was fine. Then WHAM...my shoulder felt totally locked up. Thats the only way to explain it. Other then frozen shoulder as others call it.

I brought it up to my onc and as always she just blew it off and said it wasn't from the MRM or the femera I as on at the time. She insisted the answer was to see a orthopedic doctor. I just did NOT want to ADD another doctor to my already LARGE list of doctors/appts. ARGH

I waited it out a bit and continued to "walk my arm up the wall" daily and made sure I MOVED it as much as possible *without* over doing it. And it got back to normal. No pain and has NEVER bothered me again. So you might want to hang in there and give it a bit more time and see if it doesn't get back to normal? Just make sure you do move it daily. Its easy to start trying to protect it by NOT moving it and as we all know the saying "Move it or lose it". But go easy on it and by all means talk to your doctor about it. But I do believe it WILL get better in a short time.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote