View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
~Bellydancer~

I don't think that she meant harm. I know that she is shocked at the news and is trying to help. I was hoping for some discussion on dietary and lifestyle changes used in conjunction with this "Western" approach. It does make sense does it not, when you think about how many of us use ready made, everything is processed and quick and easy. I had longed for the day when I could be a "Mom" and take care of my family. I love to cook and bake, cleaning is another story, but I love to make from scratch everything. Because I was working full time I got "lazy" and didn't do as much because of lack of time.
My questions are why are so many young women get Dx with BC? What is different, is it the food, lifestlye choices, Birth Control Pill? Microwaves WHAT? I also wonder about long term health. I am overwhelmed about all of this info. I read about Mets and reccurence. I thought that I was going to be "cured" after my surgery and some chemo. Am I deluding myself? I really felt that this was my fork in the road and I had a choice to make. My Grandma had BC when she was in her late 60's she did have a reccurence but was treated with surgery(Mast) and RAD. (The Doctor initally only choose to do a lumpectomy.) She now 93 yrs. PTL

Dx August 15th/07
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
ER/PR- negative, HER2- positive
Stage 11 with tumor size 3.5cm, .7cm satelite node
Sx Oct 2nd/07
Skin sparing mastectomy of left breast
immediate reconstruction DIEP flap
Nodes 0/3 Sentinal Node Biopsy
Chemo started Nov, 3 rounds FEC and 3 rounds Taxotere and Herceptin every three weeks
Radiation 28 Tx ended on June 13/08
Herceptin was stopped due to falling MUGA score (went from 62 down to 42)
Cardiologist Appt June 24th
Ramipril 2x/d to protect heart and hopefully increase LVEF
Officially NED

Last edited by ~Bellydancer~; 02-12-2008 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: chemo brain
~Bellydancer~ is offline   Reply With Quote