View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
Audrey

Havah, I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time right now, but please don't give up, many people survive years and years with liver mets--I met a woman at the CURE conference last year that was going on year seven with liver mets. She was trying a variety of treatments and taking milk thistle as a supplement. Sounds like you could really use a support group, I agree with the other posters that you might want to check out wellness centers in your area or support groups at your local hospital. When I was first diagnosed and the prognosis was "poor" I fell apart, too...planned my whole funeral, gave stuff away, walked around in a cloud of doom. One day I walked into our local wellness center and just poured my heart out and found so much comfort there. I also started taking really good care of myself--getting massages, etc. to relax and feel better. Finally, I know you're not a religious person, but I have to admit I did find a lot of peace and strength in believing that God was there with me for me to lean on & that we are never really alone. Finally, my doctor recommended an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication that really seemed to help me with my feelings of doom. (Paxil) Don't stop reaching out for help, I know you will find something that works for you.

diagnosed July 2001, at age 36
large tumor, 11+ nodes
Stage IIIb, er/pr-, Her2+
treated with A/C, weekly Taxol
radiation, + year of Herceptin
on clinical trial. double mastectomy
followed by reconstruction
NED!!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote