View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
Gerri

What do I think?

I think your girlfriend is doing you a huge disservice by sending you this. You are in a very vulnerable condition and she should be offering you encouragement, not feeding your feelings of despair. This is similar to the claims that lead in certain lipsticks causes breast cancer. A copy of this email appeared in my mailbox at work. Let me tell you, I was more than a little pissed off. Lipstick causes breast cancer - c'mon people, let's use our heads. The same thing happened when Cheryl Crow came out saying that plastic water bottles left in cars contain carcinogens. Breast cancer happens - pure and simple.

Here is the link to Johns Hopkins website denying the claims.

http://www.jhsph.edu/dioxins

If it doesn't work, just go to the website. The link is on the Home page. This claim is a hoax - don't be taken in by false claims.

Bellydancer: We do what we have to to get rid of this beast. Yes, some changes in lifestyle are necessary but unfortunately the road we must travel is not an easy one. It sounds like you need to see your onc regarding the difficult time you are having with your treatment.

Don't give up. In the end it is all worth it. Take good care.

All my best,

ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote