View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #12
Carol Carlson

Michelle,
Becky did give you good advice. Zofram is a must for nausea and as someone pointed out. I used to take it every eight hours starting after treatment and cont. with every eight for, as I recall , at least 2 days after treatment. Ambein is great for insomnia also. And last but not least I had excoriated areas in my inner thighs and entire perinuim when on adriamycin and cytoxin. I used to take sitz baths -- just plunk your bottom in warm water for 20 min. about 3 times a day. Dry well and use desitin. It's messy but it works. It actually didn't completely go away until after 4 treatments of Taxol.
It was all such a pain but I figurured I just had to do it.
At times I felt like tossing that old sitz bath pan out the window, but I would just fill it up or sit on the tub.
Then I'd get out of the tub and stare at my bald head and scream....
But you know I healed, my hair grow back, the nausea went away, my enery came back and I'm a 4 year survivor.
Hang in there, girl, because you can do this. And it's ok to feel like crap sometimes... it's allowed. But the end result wil be a Michelle who will be back to her old self.. And if anyone makes you feel like a wimp ....they can go fly a kite... I'm being kind.
You take care
Carol
Carol Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote