View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
chrisy

not ok to suffer so much

Hi Michelle,
Sounds like you are going through absolute torture. How could you possibly stay positive under that circumstance??? I agree with the rest of the gang, your oncology team should be doing everything they can to mitigate your symptoms. You will be better able to marshall the resources for recovery if you have some strength!

I did not have FEC, or Taxotere for that matter. But I did have Taxol, and was treated alongside many ladies getting taxotere. Everyone got multiple anti-nausea meds as a premed infusion, and had various prescriptions of additional ones to use if needed at home. Our oncology team expected people to be able to manage whatever nausea or other symptoms and were very proactive in making sure patients got this addressed. My impression was that nobody on these chemos was dealing with unmanageable problems.

Ask specifically for help in this - I forget my premeds but I think it was Zofran and Aloxi, then I had more Zofran and ativan for at home if I needed. The ativan also helped with sleep. There is also a med called Emend which is fairly new.

Best of luck to you with getting these side effects under control.

Becky already said, the taxanes have been shown to be extremely effective against Her2 pos breast cancer, and is synergistic with Herceptin.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote