View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #30
duga35

Well, when I was dx the 1st of Dec, I was knocked down at the fact that I had male breast cancer at 39. When I went home and read the patholgy report it said er/pr positive, and her2-neu strongly positive. I didn't even know what that meant until I Googled it, read, and read, and read some more. It scared the h### out of me after I found out what it meant.
Then, for some reason I found this board
After reading, and reading, then reading some more, it helped calm me down, and after joining and interacting a bit I felt even better.
Where I am now.......
I saw my oncologist for the first time this week. I started Tamoxifin, and we discussed the her2. What he told me was that he didn't feel that I need chemo, nor Herceptin, because the infiltrating tumor was so small, and I was node negative. But, he doesn't have that much experience with male bc, especially at 39, so he wants to contact some doctors in bigger cities to see what data they have on men, before we make a decision. He is supposed to call me sometime this week to let me know what he thinks, but the more I think about it, I really think that I need to push for the Herceptin. Especially after reading so many good things about it here.
Tumor Stage pt1b NO MO
DCIS Tumor size 1.5 x 1.x .6cm
Infiltration tumor size .25X.17 cm
Bloom-Richardson Grade 3(score 8)
Nuclear Grade 3 with comedo necrosis
Estrogen+/Progestrone+/HER-2/Neu +++
FISH ratio 4.31
Lymph node removal scheduled 1/07/08
17 nodes tested and all negative 1/08/08
Started Tamoxifin 1/29/08
Oncotype DX score 52 (off the charts, according to my onc!!!)
Starting TCH 3/14/08
BRCA I Positive BRCA II Negative
Finished TC 6/27/08 continue Herceptin
8/1/08 Herceptin stopped due to low Muga score
Mastectomy on left breast 11/10/08
duga35 is offline   Reply With Quote