View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #16
SherriT

I haven't posted in quite some time--trying to get back to a bit of "normalcy" but you got me on this thread. Very interesting.

For YEARS I had a large "mole" (so I always called it) on my lower leg/ankle area. In 2004 I had a dermatologist look at. He felt it looked fine but as a precaution biopsied it. The test results came back 'normal' but I decided I would remove it anyways (as a precaution because it was large--about 1/2 inch in size). Of course time got away from me (partly because in the back of my head I thought everything was "normal") I didn't get around to having it removed. Then in December of 2005 I was diagnosed with IBC. I had chemo/surgery/radiation) and figured I'd try to "start over with a clean slate" and got the mole removed too. Test results came back as an early stage melanoma. Hard to believe that a mole that had been there for so many years had, in less than two years, changed from being "normal" into a "melanoma". I would be interested to know the connection between the two--and what the chances are for either of them ever coming back. Unfortunately this seems to be just one more 'nasty' to worry about. Like we don't all have enough to deal with.

Take care everyone.
SherriT is offline   Reply With Quote