View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
debski

Smile

Do you think that it is natural to feel worried about ending a treatment? I am really looking forward to not having to go up to the top floor of the hospital every three weeks but then I am also nervous about being set free. Maybe it is the idea of not having anytreatment that scares us? I think you can get dependent on the chemo nurses etc.
Well I think I could set up an unofficial support group amongst the people I have got to know at the chemo ward. All at different stages of their treatment. It helps to talk to people who have some idea of how you might feel. I have a friend who had breast cancer 12 years ago- she said the chemo made her hair thin and she felt a bit chemically after but no sickness. Well- I lost every hair and was sick as a parrot with every treatment. So even people who have had other treatments can't really compare.
I think that people underestimate breast cancer- they think it is so totally curable that you have nothing to worry about. What they fail to realise is that it was the treatment that made you ill.
Hope my rants are not too unbearable- I am quite a nice person really just when I get going about this it makes me a little angry.
Hope you are ok today. It is one day at a time.
Love Debbie
debski is offline   Reply With Quote