View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Becky

I don't have experience with exactly this but I was diagnosed with a mitral septal aneurysm (the value doesn't completely close right). I would have (and will) live my whole life without incident and would have never known if I hadn't ever gotten cancer. All the tests we get and find out all these other things - its unnerving.

You need to get to the bottom of this so that your onc and cardio guys can confer (and make sure your onc confers with Genentech - manufacturer of Herceptin - on what to do and not abitrarily pull you off the drug if you don't need to be).

Many of us have things wrong with us that we had before bc or got while being treated or afterwards. Unfortunately, having bc does not immune us to getting other diseases or problems. This is probably one of those things or maybe a rare side effect. None the less, I am sure you are anxious so I have my arms wrapped around you. Hugs to you from far away.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote