View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
Mary Jo

Hi Krista,
I just wanted to chime in because of your comment "waiting for the other shoe to drop." I can't tell you how many times I have used that phrase throughout these past 2 - 1/2 years. I, too, felt just like that for a long time. Even when things seemed good and I felt fairly confident that "the other shoe dropping" was just around the corner.

I am not a negative person - not at all - ALTHOUGH - a realist I am - and knowing what we all know about cancer and its surprise returns to people - frightened the crap out of me (a nicer version of what I really felt like).

I am not posting for you to feel as if this "feeling" you have will be with you always BUT to reassure you that it does get better. It even goes away bits and bits each day, week and month that go bye. All of a sudden you start trusting your body a bit more each day. One day you really feel like you really are well. That just maybe it might be over. A new peace settles over you and the lessons learned during cancer kick in and life goes on.

Stand strong Krista. You're doing well. You're handling this like all the rest of us and sometimes those fears we carry have to come out - we have to reach out for the reassurance we need and we here at her2support TOTALLY understand as each of us knows the feeling.

One thing to remember about aches and pains and cancer. Cancer does not get better. Cancer does not come and go. That being said......if you feel unsure you need to mention it to your onc.

Holding you close with love and understanding.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED