View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #348
Johnnag85

I am stage 3 Her 2 Postive 3/Took Herceptin for 8 months out of 12 months scheduled. I took it ix per week, I was 39 yrs old. They said my age was the reason for 1x per wk, had a better response. During that time I was also taking Taxol 1x per wk for the 1st 3 months of Herceptin. I had to stop the Herceptin because it lowered my heart stengthfrom 78% to 45%. I stopped when it fell below 50%. Luckily within 2 wks of stopping my heart rebounded. I dont know what it is today-1 yr later. I also had 4 rounds of AC before the Taxol-every 2 wks. I had radiation treatments after the Taxol was completed-while I was on Herceptin. I also started 25mg of Tamoxifen after Taxol. Along with the Herceptin.
Small side effects which could be related to who knows!! were: Dry nose, nose bleeds, lightheaded, no energy, fatigue, weight gain, kicked into menopause, back aches, numbness in toes and fingers, hands and feet falling asleep constantly, change of vision-different every week for 3 months-eye doctor monitored it, chemo brain, hot flashes, no vocabulary, slurred speech, headaches. Man, is that it? I dont know, seems like most of them.
Today, 2 and 1/2 yrs after dignosis I am on Tamoxifen and I have a dozen spots on both lungs taht have stayed stable with no new growth in the last year. Yea!
Good luck to you all
Johnna
Johnnag85 is offline   Reply With Quote