View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Chelee

Nora, It seems all oncologist have different opinions on when it should be removed. I thought they would want me to leave mine in for another year or more after I finished herceptin but they all pushed me to get it removed right away. Even my second opinion onc. Like you...I was afraid I would jinx things if it was removed. But I must tell you I am SO GLAD I had it taken out. Its been six months of freedom from since I had mine removed & I don't miss it a bit. The ONLY thing I would change is I WISHED I had gotten it removed much sooner then I did. I was worried they wouldn't be able to find a vein for labs and such but its been no problem.

Its been 9 months for you...I say if you want it out and your onc is on the same page I say go for it. Having a new one put in is not going to be any harder then the first time. But don't worry because that ISN'T going to happen. Think positive and get that removed. Like they told me...its time to move on.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote