Thread: D3 levels
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 05:28 AM   #8
Mary Jo

Dear Ann,

Wow. I'm not sure how your post came under my "D3 Levels" thread but it did and I feel I must comment.

I respectively disagree with you but am sure you have seen what you have written about over and over again. I am thankful that I have not and can honestly tell you that my "team" is the best. Readily available with an answer - an encouraging word or any kind of help I am in need of. That is everyone - my breast cancer surgeon, my oncology nurses and my oncologist. As a matter of fact at my last bone scan, not even 24 hours after the test, I was so stressed that I e-mailed my oncologist (his e-mail address is included on his card). Not 15 minutes after my e-mail was sent my caller ID showed "The Medical College" was calling. (he must have been teaching that day and was in his office at the college) - anyway,not 15 minutes from the time I hit "send" he was on the phone telling me "you are fine," in a very compassionate, caring voice. Mind you this is not even the oncologist I saw all through treatment - she moved on - this is my new one and my last visit was only the 2nd time I've seen him. Also, it has been well over 2 years since my surgeon did my first mastectomy - over 1 year for second - we still converse via e-mail on occasion - if I have a question I think about regarding my pathology - and lately about possible reconstruction - asking her opinion - referral - etc. She too, ALWAYS gets back to me within the hour - always respectful - always helpful and always caring.

So, you see Ann, although you have obviously had bad experiences (and I am so sorry for that) I have had nothing but positive experiences and I can't say enough about the team that cares for me.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06