Thread: D3 levels
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 10:22 PM   #7
madubois63

Wow, this thread really makes me realize how truly blessed I've been. First off, Coach - I hope you've had at least a MUGA scan prior to starting Herceptin. Your oncologist should be monitoring your heart. I understand that some tests can give false positives and some docs don't like to give too many tests, but there really is no other way to know if your treatment plan is working. Tumor markers/blood tests can't give you the answers you are looking for. If your onc doesn't want to give you these tests, it is truly time to find another doctor!!

Please, please remember you are the consumer. You hire the doctor and have the right to fire him/her too!! You have the right to call up your insurance company and have them help you find another doctor in your plan if you are unhappy. Sometimes, it is as easy as switching to another doctor in the practice or driving a little further up the road. I know some of you are afraid of making waves, but would you really keep bringing your car back to the nasty repair man, give commissions to the *itchy sales clerk or leave your kids with a rotten babysitter????

I have a bc oncologist, a leukemia oncologist and a transplant doctor. Each of those doctors come with a large staff. Everyone of those doctors and their staff love me. They have all cried with me. They hug and kiss me when when I come in and leave because they all really care about me. If one of these doctors hasn't heard from me for a bit, they call me just to say hello. If you are not seeing a doctor that will take the time to research your treatments or listen to your "complaints," then it is time to find someone that will.
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver