View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
tricia keegan

Unhappy Update on Carol H -

Hi All

Firstly I must apologise for not being around much lately, a dear friend of mine had a recurrance of her bc with a large spine tumour which had to be removed asap so I've been spending my time mailing her with encouragment and updating people who care about her.She was stage 2 with no node involvement and not her2+...also taking femara at the time so her recurrance has shaken a few of us and was very unexpected.

Now to Carol H (from Scotland, to jog everyone's memory) I had a short message from Carol yesterday but not news I wanted to hear as it seems her femur and leg had broken so they had operated to insert metal rods to replace the bone. The really tragic news is her tykerb, chemo and rads have all been cancelled. As some of you will recall Carol was desperatly awaiting Tykerb to hopefully keep her brain tumour in check which had begun growing again.
The news could'nt have come at a worse time and although Carol has been moved to a hospital quite close to me she's allowed no visitor's and said she'll try to keep in touch but otherwise I should call Derek her hubby. I'm not too sure what all this means but am fearful for her with such an aggressive cancer and no protection whatsoever to keep it from spreading all the more. I know a few of you ladies were very helpful to Carol in the past so I wanted you to know whats happening with her as I doubt she'll be posting herself for a while.
Thank you for all the help you've given us in the past and please send prayer's, good vibes or whatever seems right to you for a miracle!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote