View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #8
doh2pa
Deceased

Hi HavahJ,

I do know the despair and fear that you feel right now. Liver mets are scary and back 10 years ago before herceptin and tykerb and other new therapies, the prognosis was not good. However, there are many inspirational women on this sight living with liver mets. I was first diagnosed with liver mets in September 2005 and I am still here. I work, volunteer, travel, take care of my family and enjoy life. It is a constant battle, I've been on and off chemo and luckily every regimen I have been on has put me into remission. They do keep coming back but I still have lots of tools left in my tool chest and I am not ready to give up. So I live by 2 hopeful mantras:
1. Research in breast cancer is amazingly forward thinking lately. New therapies are looking for ways to help us live with metastatic disease just like any other chronic disease. Although I would much rather have my old chemo-free life back, I just need to try to stay as healthy as possible and hope that the research gurus find that one thing that will work for me. I have HOPE!
2. None of us knows what tomorrow brings. Whenever I feel like having a pity party for myself I think about the fact that life does not come with a crystal ball for anyone. I have come to face my mortality and it has helped me to examine what is really important in my life, not to sweat the little stuff and to love my friends and family as much as I can.

It's a process getting to an acceptable place with this. I'm a few years ahead of you in that regard. Just keep on fighting, we all draw strength from each other here and know that we are here for you and we UNDERSTAND!
Stay strong,
Mastectomy 4/04 - 4 rounds AC
9/05 - mets to liver treated with carbo/ixabipelone/herceptin
3/06 - complete remission
9/06 - new liver mets, starting Taxotere/Herceptin
1/07 -Liver mets stable, staying on Herceptin
5/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting T/X
12/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting weekly Navilbene/Herceptin
4/08 - Liver progression - started Abraxane, Carbo, Tykerb and Herceptin
7/08 - Liver Progression - started Gemzar, Avastin and Tykerb
10/08 - Liver progression - starting Doxil
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote