View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
Joy

HavahJ, I know the feelings you are having right now, I really do. 51/2 years ago my whole liver was a tumor and had probably been that way for quite some time. They gave me a few months. I started on taxotere/xeloda and herceptin and did really well, then I moved to hormonal treatments with the herceptin, then it flared and I did taxol/carbo/ herceptin/. Then I switched to navelbine and herceptin and then tykerb/xeloda. All of the treatments have worked in some way or another. They either stopped progression, shrunk tumors or really kicked butt.

I'm here now and my liver seems inactive with cancer and my liver function tests are all normal and have been for awhile.

Do your research, keep us posted, ask for help and gear up for a good fight. You have an variety of treatments to choose from. And those tumors can go away-they really can.

All the best to you.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote