View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #15
Gretchen2

I had recurrence in early 2005, 4 years after diagnosis in spring 2001. At diagnosis I was Stage 1, er/pr+ Her2neu+ 0/3 nodes with comedo DCIS and invasive ductal carcinoma tumor 1.6cm. Wish I'd had a mastectomy when first diagnosed [the surgeon told me lumpectomy is as good as mastectomy]. I had 6 x FAC and 30 rads. I had scans and mammograms. When I went to see my new internist she did a breast exam and thought she felt something. Went for mammogram & sonogram, with nothing visible. When films were compared with previous year, then I was sent in for biopsy. Recurrence was microcalcifications in same breast, close to lumpectomy scar. This time had mastectomy, no tumor, invasive cancer removed at biopsy 0/2 nodes, er/pr slightly positive, dcis comedo type, followed by 12 weekly Taxotere/Herceptin, finished up with Herceptin once every 3 weeks for a year. I was on tamoxifen for 2+ years then switched to aromasin [still am taking it]. Just recently I started going to a naturopath physician, and am taking dietary supplements to try and improve my blood chemistry and pH.
Gretchen2 is offline   Reply With Quote