View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

Our Message of Thanks and Hope

On this our 6th Anniversary, I wish to thank everyone for their active participation on this website on behalf of ourselves and our Board of Directors.

A very special thank you to Rinaina, Donna, Loren, Becky, Sheila, Brenda, Chrissy, and Jean, for helping us at ASCO and San Antonio. We also wish to thank Kate for keeping everyone posted on the latest happenings at the Breast Cancer Symposium.

We will be expanding our outreach and participation at bc related events in 2008 and will be reaching out for volunteers to assist us.

It was six short years ago when The HER2 Support Group went online. It was the vision of Christine and I just put it together for her as her Christmas present. Boy have things changed ! ! !

During our first 12 months we averaged just 100 visitors a day, today we have 1500.

Women who were HER2 positive were once the outcasts. Now with Herceptin, Tykerb and a host of other targeted therapies, we are the fortunate ones. Drs. Eric Winer, Mark Pegram, Dennis Slamon and others are confident that they will be able to control HER2 breast cancer within the next ten years.

As our organization grows, so will our program. We will be working on a Spanish version of our website this year. We also wish to announce the
Ann-Michele Higgins Scholarship Program in conjunction with the Alamo Breast Cancer Foundation. The HER2 Support Group will fund two advocates to enroll in the Foundation's Advocacy Program at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium starting in 2008.

Wishing you all a Very Joyous Christmas and a belated happy Hanukkah.
May 2008 bring peace to the world and a cure for cancer.

Hugs and Well wishes.

Christine, Joe, Debra and Danielle
Attached Images

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote