View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #8
Carolyns

Becky,

Happy belated birthday and what a great idea.

I have learned that in areas that are unfamiliar knowing the right questions to ask is key. Sometimes we cause our doctors to investigate further. Doctors are way to busy and I think that sometimes they just pick an option because no one knows. In these cases we may favor one option over the other with added knowledge.

My handbook for cancer was an old book called Choices. It was a book of questions to ask. I know for a fact that it is ME who has pushed to keep this cancer at bay by pushing my doctors. When my doctors get tired I move on to another doctor with more hope and promise. I once had a doctor look at me after I was diagnosed for the second time, he looked at me and said, "It is never good to get cancer twice", he looked down and left the room. That was not helpful.

I can't imagine all of the bad stories that doctors witness. I try to focus on what can be done. People here help me do that and they are beating the odds every day. They point out options that I would never know existed without this site.

Happy Holidays! Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote