View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #8
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Wink Hello Lani....

He was tested and at the moment we are going to speak to the doctor about retesting him to see if the cancer mutated at all. Any special testing or demands I should be making??

I do see that there is alot of new information about male bc and Ed is being observed very closely with his Oncologist and Dana Farber to help other men. One thing I cannot understand is why the medical industry and the public (I can understand) surpresses or belittles the male bc patient into believing that embarrassment is of concern (maybe just a tad but NOT the reason). I know that you do not have the answer and I am thankful for your replies Lani. Also thankful that the medical professionals are atleast finally acknowledging male bc. Their excuse is: it is rare...so what...we do not need to learn or talk about it??? I understand if a man would have to go to a support group with 20 women it may get a bit uncomfortable but come on guys, let's get real and if you are going to place blame, place it where it belongs!!!! When someone says you have cancer...I DO NOT BELIEVE ONES EMBARRASSMENT WOULD INTERFERE WITH WANTING TO GET TREATMENT OR EVEN TALK ABOUT IT you will take action! Again, let us be real (not you lani).

I am thankful they are getting some publicity finally and it is not just because hubby is ill. The main reason for the lack of attention has contributed to the misdiagnosis and unawareness of male bc!!!!!!!

My message for the uneducated medical professionals: Become aware and spread awareness so that they can get recognized, so they can have the same treatment options a woman does, so that they are aware themselves, so they are not prejusticed against. It is only with the recognition of these professionals that things can get done medically. So stop misdiagnosing and placing blame and start speading awareness. And that goes trifold for the American Cancer Society!! Knowledge is power!! It makes me sick to see the lack of awareness, the ignorance of some medical professions and then TO BLAME THE MAN FOR BEING TOO EMBARRASSED>Try taking some blame yourself!! Give ME a break! Especially because of ALL the men I have ever spoken to with male breast cancer NEVER even said the word embarrassed!!

To the doctors there in San Antonio & Dana Farber Cancer Institute, my greatest thanks for helping us to spread the awareness. It is too late for my husband but it is not too late for you or your sons or your fathers!! From the bottom of my heart I am grateful for the wonderful research you are providing for the public. The numbers for male bc have been rising and that is due to that awareness and by getting properly diagnosed. That is all we want, then it is up to the person to act upon it, to run with the information.

Sorry for rambling Lani but I do feel better Love. Praying for you too Sweetie!! Lots of Love>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote