View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Lani

I was totally exhausted attending the meetings, presentations outside of meeting hrs

poster sessions, etc during my 5 days in San Antonio and my flight was delayed and I had 8 minutes to transfer from one flight to the other with my luggage not making it onto the plane with me. My luggage was delivered at 3 am, hence my posting in the wee hours.

It will take me to unpack the bags, find my notes, before even thinking of posting the names(with the exception of the author of my "favorite paper"...In my tiredness I mused that this was sort of like a singing, dancing or beauty contest, where half the fun is in the anticipation of finding out who one. The author of my favorite paper was the only one who felt she first had to check with her institution as to how it best be done and who encouraged me to find out how many of you are activist "warriors" rather than sheep who find it more comfortable to follow. (Nothing wrong with sheep, in fact I am very fond of them!)

Nevertheless, I have been disappointed to see yours as the only reply to my thread so far. I see this project as of monumental importance if the her2support group steps up to the bat and
participates fully. It would be groundbreaking and pioneering if it were to come to fruition.

Five days away from home has left much undone. And I will be more useful to the task once I have rested.

A few "thanks for your efforts in talking to all these people" and "please, please end the anticipation and let us know who these researchers may be so we can get this project on its way" would have gone a long way. But the morning is still young...
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote