View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
charlotte

My father died last night

I posted several months ago about my father having mets to the liver and how they had removed a kidney...and almost all of the liver...It started out as colon cancer..I know this is a site for breast cancer, but I feel so helpless right now...so I apologize , if I should not be posting on the breast cancer site... well, he has been very sick , for weeks,....Chemo didn't work for him...
He was sent home by the Dr.from the hospital Monday night.. and hospice has been there since Tuesday.... I am very sad as I post this , because he was such a kind and gentle man.... He didn't have a mean bone in his body....
Please pray for us as we go through this difficult time....
This is a terrible disease that we are fighting.... I have tears in my eyes as I post this... I didn't think I had any tears left.... the funeral will be Tuesday.. the viewing will be Monday night...
By the way, the hospice nurses were wonderful to my father... I am thinking of volunteering after a while at the hospice office. they have been so kind to my father and family..The hospice nurse stayed over 10 hours with him yesterday.. would not leave his side....
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote