View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Lolly

Donna, I'm sorry about the chemo Christmas. I'm in the same boat, but it's too early to say how my new triple combo is working.
However, it doesn't look like you've had Navelbine yet, and it's great in combo with Herceptin. Several ladies at my treatment center have had really good response to lung mets with this combo, and I know several on this board have used N/H for lung/liver mets. I had Navelbine with Herceptin 3 seperate times for lymph and skin mets, with very good results.
There's also Avastin, one of the three I'm on now. There is some uncertainty about insurance approval, but I think it will depend on your insurance. If your onc thinks it may be an option for you ask that his insurance liason get it preauthorized.
Hang in there, there is a new cocktail out there for you

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote