View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Erin

Unhappy Good news on scans - frustration with docs

Just a quick update for those of you had responded to my last several posts. (for those who didn't know, my last CT showed a 7mm spiculated lesion in my right lung. A PET was inconclusive and the pulmonologist was talking about doing a biopsy).

I went to my onc and he consulted with two other radiologists. One said wait and see - do another CT in 6 weeks, and the other one said he couldn't see anything (??) So, the consensus is to wait 6 weeks for another CT, which I am very happy to do. But, I am very frustrated by the docs...one is all worried, one says wait, and one says he "can't see anything"? (Makes me wonder what the other are seeing - also makes me wonder what I saw when the pulomonologist showed me the films and pointed it out!)

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to invite trouble. If most of them agree that a wait and see approach is best, I am happy to avoid having and unnecessary invasive procedure. But it makes me very nervous when they disagree so completely on something this important. My original lump was dismissed as nothing for 6 months too, so I am a little gun shy.

Just a little nervous...which I am beginning to realize will probably last as long time...(sigh)
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote