View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
mts

I had a scare of a lump on the "v" of my lower neck... got scans etc and found I had nothing in the spot where I thought I had a problem yet the scans found two small cyst-like areas on the left lobe of my thyroid. I am no longer concerned... I do have little lypomas (fat blobs) around my body.
My onc said that often times a thyroid problem will have side effects of weight loss, constipation and other things.
To see if the thyroid may be the problem, lift your head up, get a gulp of water in your mouth and then tilt your head back and watch your throat in the mirror as you swallow. A lump will usually arise during the swallowing.

I was told to keep my hand away from my neck--- my worrying had me always palpating it, trying to push it up or down to see if it was "attached" to something... all this aggravates it !!

Thyroid problems are very common the older we get. Mostly benign little lumps. Of course there is nothing like peace of mind and if the lump appears to be enlarging, you might want it looked at by a professional.

maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote