View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #3
Mary Anne in TX

Thanks Rhonda for bumping this one! And Lani, thanks again for keeping our minds and eyes open to one more thing that impacts our battle. Wish we didn't have to be good researchers for our health, but the price we pay if we put it in the hands of others could be too high. Rhonda, did you say you wish they would track those of us staying on herceptin? I really wish they would too. I think that if some tracking might just give some really helpful clues of what and how long. It seems like forever and also only yesterday that I started this challenge. 2 years ago on Dec. 27, I got that call that I had breast cancer. I remember that I had an event to go to the next day and didn't tell anyone, but was a real fruit basket case. How afraid I was those first few months. My fear ruled my life for months. Maybe that whole first year. But as I reflected lately on the holidays and 2 years ago, I know that fear just takes over now and then. I have my panic attacks for a bit and then get on with keeping life # 1 instead of fear. All this just to say that I am so grateful that Rhonda keeps telling me to eat right and that Lani keeps making my lazy brain understand things, and that all the rest keep my education progressing inspite of myself!
You guys are the bestest! Thank you for pressing me to keep growing and therefore to live in life rather than fear! God has truly blessed me with the smartest, most courageous friends I could have wished for. How many lives have Joe and Christine impacted (saved) because they said yes to this "assignment"! Thank you. And Merry Christmas warriors! ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote