View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #12
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Oh My!

OH JOE,

IT'S BEEN HAPPENING TO ME ALL WEEK! (Paul installed a new FAX/printer/copier/scanner last Sunday and that's when I was trying to get the site and had to wait a very, very, very long time...) Then each click was the same. It reminded me that I am not a very patient person. Many sighs and groans and glances up above for HELP. I thought it was just me, my computer, my provider. Then it all degraded, to complete NOTHINGNESS...

I am glad and ever grateful that you are aware and on top of this. As you always are there for all of us. God bless you. And Christine!!! Eternal gratitude. From deep in my heart.

I must admit that when I just read that the site might be down for a day while switching providers, my heart actually gasped. I am preparing for a potential 24 hour separation, but it is truly challenging! Being out there all alone is so scary. You and all my Sisters give me strength and courage to go on. We draw on one another...

I cherish each day and all those I love. And I cherish you and this site and my fellow Warrior Women.

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote