Thread: Pain in my feet
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
Debra

Oh Yes

Oh Emelie -

I am having exactly the same problems. My feet are awful. I did get orthotics but that has only helped some. When I get up from a sitting position, it takes me a good minute or two before I feel like I can walk normal.
In addition, I just started physical therapy for my shoulder. Not a clue what is wrong there. I just have a constant achey, heavy feeling. I can't even really describe it. I am not limited as to what I can do with my shoulder, it just hurts all the time. I did have a bilat. mastectomy but had no nodes removed from that side. I think I even have the physical therapist stumped with that one!
I believe this all started just after I finished herceptin. I really truly do feel like I am 60 yrs old.
I was given some exercises to do for the shoulder so we will see how that goes.

In addition, I wear shoes in the house ALL THE TIME. Even when I step out of the shower I step into my shoes! I will say this has helped some.

I will let you know if I find a magical answer and you do the same. This truly has been frustrating. It is hard at times to be positive when you hurt all the time and of course I wonder, "could it be the cancer coming back". But, I shove that thought out of my head as fast as it comes in!

In addition, I am going to start lifting weights next week so I will see if that helps my shoulder issue. I was also told weekly reflexology is good for the feet problems but that could get a little pricey.

I am hoping to see other replies with some remedies!

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote