View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #11
chicagoetc

Thanks!

Gerri, I was just thinking that I needed to hear from someone who had worked and had actually gone through the radiation...and there you had posted a reply! Though I wasn't thrilled to hear about your experience with Taxol. (I hope I have the same experience Colleen did.)

It was really helpful to hear too from Becky and pffida...as women who work in management. I supervise eight people, probably need to hire another as soon as we can get approval, typically supervise up to twelve. They are all good, seasoned staff, professionals in how they handle themselves, their responsibilities, their schedules et al. If I'm not there, they do fine. Given it's a clinic though I have to sign off as a supervisor on a lot of the work they do (not every day stuff but assessments, service plans...). Fortunately I too can work from home as my boss and hers set me up for online access to everything once I was diagnosed. Maybe I will print out hardcopies of things I need to sign to read while sitting through the Taxol plus Herceptin. I haven't had the energy recently to do a lot from home, but maybe this will help over the next 12 weeks.

Overall it sounds like there's no way to know for sure...but it's good to know that it may be possible to work through most of this and that some of you have. It's also good to know that, while I love my job, there may come a time when it doesn't work. But that may be ok too if that's what I need to do.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

Melanie
Portacath: 9/7/07
Chemo: 9/14/07 with AC (every three weeks) for four rounds
Physical Therapy for ROM Loss / "Cording" (but not Lymphodema)
Taxol + Herceptin weekly (started 12/2007 with 8 of 12 Taxol)
Radiation: (28 rads from 3/07 to 4/07)
Reconstruction (silicone implant)
Herceptin done (10/08)
Cognitive Remediation (11/08 - 12/08)
Lymphedema Diagnosed 5/10/10 (almost 3 years post cancer diagnosis)
Lymphedema Rehab 9/10/10 - 11/10/10
Six years NED...7/7/2013!
chicagoetc is offline   Reply With Quote