View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #12
Vic

Pink's not my thing, but I support those who love it

Hi Pinks and Non-Pinks,

I'm in the camp with Becky and Hutch in that when I was going through treatment I did wear one bright, raspberry pink skirt and sweater combo with my raspberry knitted hat (yes, it was, in fact, a raspberry, complete with green stem on top).

But, after treatment I wanted to make a transition into the post-bc lifestyle. I found myself mentioning it in conversation early on and was conflicted sometimes, because I didn't want to use that to describe me every time I met someone and yet I did. Why I did that, I don't know. Gradually now, I've stopped including it in conversation unless it's relevant.

Like Hutch, I opted to donate my wig (which I never wore) and other gift items (stuffed animals, pins, hats, etc.) to my hospital's buddy group. I still have the hot pink outfit, but no longer wear it as styles change. I love clothes and shoes and feel good wearing what I like without sending a specific message. It's like the Lance Armstrong yellow bracelet. I wore it when I was in treatment, but I live strong every day on the inside.
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote