View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
Mary Jo

Smile

Hi Rhonda,

I'm so happy you brought this subject up. I've often wondered if I was a bit of a wierdo (ok guys - be nice) but since "bc" I wear pink almost everyday. It's become my favorite color and I happen to look nice in pink (good thing).

I am 2 years 4 months out since surgery and STILL proudly wear my pink and for some odd, strange reason feel "special" in some sort of way since being told I had this disease. I wear the "badge" proudly and feel special. (see I told you I was a wierdo)

I am sure it's because since "bc" my inner self has changed dramatically. I feel very close to God - my prayer life is sooooooooooo special to me and it's a time I feel really connected to the One who has power and control over me - I value life in a way I never did before - I've taken on some new ventures as far as mentoring and support for others go - OH the list could go on and on. I truly believe that before "bc" I had my priorities in order and was very connected to God and all that He has called me to be BUT I had so much to learn. Mainly trust and learning to let go.

Trust me, I'm not their yet BUT God is working in my heart and life and one day He will bring it all to frution. It took breast cancer to teach me all this. To teach me what was truly the most important "stuff" in our world.

So, Rhonda, in a nutshell..............I love pink - love all that stands for breast cancer (meaning the women and men affected by it and the wonderful, wonderful hearts they have) and I am thankful for being able to go through all I've gone through because my life is richer and wayyyyyyyyyy more meaningful because of it.

Thanks for starting this thread. It's so interesting and I am anxious to "hear" what others say.

Hugs to you Rhonda,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06