View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #9
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Name That Blob

Blobs, lesions,inconclusive -- all entirely annoying. Just tell me what it is already! Don't torture me w/trips again and again for retesting, escalating from sonogram to CT scan to MRI. If it's a cyst I think they know that right off. Yes, there are blobs that are benign. That's what I'm rooting for, for you Pink One. There's a limit to patience. *I* want to hear what your thing is conclusively. Surely you have to be beyond anxious.

I think it is good that they haven't used the word tumor. Can you get another (additional) radiologist to read your pics??? I have done this w/remarkable success. Actually had 3 radiologists (independent of one another) read my scans -- 2 concurred and differed from the one that thought my shrinking tumors were still shrinking. The other 2, who didn't know of one another, said they were sure what they were looking at were not tumors but the dead remains of tumors. So I was glad my 2 addl oncs urged me to bring my scans for evaluation by their radiologists.

Pinkie, you need more definitive reviews. Your 5 hr trip ea way to get all these multiple tests has to be wearing alone on you and your husband. And the waiting is even more draining. Can you look in to this suggestion? I am praying for friendly blobs in the end, of course, and will continue to pray for as long as it takes. You are made of iron Woman!
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote