View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #19
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink

Thank you Joe and Christine for stopping the madness. Poisonous words and insults are harmful to our health. Thank you for doing what you had to do to eradicate a spreading hostility and negativity that threatened us all. I do believe we are capable of intellectual discourse, expressing differing views without attacking and making it personal. We have done it before, and we will each be careful to continue to respect one another, as our Mothers taught us. I believe, in my heart of hearts, that the harshness came from people who are in a great deal of emotional pain. Still, that does not give anyone license to verbally assail another human being's character. You have stood up for what is right, and for that I am deeply thankful. That is awesome.

Beyond that, Joe and Christine, I love being here, in your home, with my Sisters. This site is a poignant place to come and gather knowledge and empowerment. To connect with others just like us, which is so stirringly significant to each and every one of us. I cannot adequately say how much I admire you both for your dedication to this support group. It is a vital link, a source of unfathomable value. We all treasure you for this gift you give so generously and so devotedly. Thank you for being there, for always being there, almost like God, even hearing 2AM pleas for help. Bless you! This HER2 Site is at the top of my list of things I am grateful for in my life. I speak of this site incessantly. I suppose I would require a support group to get over the loss of this support group, which I am happily and totally addicted to. With huge respect and appreciation for all you do so selflessly and tirelessly. Joe and Christine you are our heroes and our guiding force! With my love,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote