View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
Mary Anne in TX

3 weeks ago when I had my appointment with my onc we talked so frankly about my situation and what to do to keep me on track for good health. We talked about options other than herceptin, but settled on it after some discussion. We had that discussion because of this site. I knew what I believed would be best for me and stated why because of the education I receive each time I come here to learn from and pray for others in need. My onc told me how nice it is to work with an informed patient! Made my day!
I believe that the site is far more than a place to come for education and support. I believe that it has empowered me also because of the respect I have gained being associated with each of you and this site. I am grateful beyond words. I went for my first appointment shaking and so very fearful. Now I show up to get herceptin and to see my nurses and friends in the treatment room. I am glad to be able to go and grow stronger! I know that my care is "top drawer" because of what I have learned here! I read everyone "signature" and see what they received and for how long, etc. Everyday I learn more and more.
I so want to honor each of those we have lost, to support each of you, and most of all to respect the incredibly hard work done by Joe and Christine that I believe has guided my treatment thru education and the support to "fight for myself".
Luv and "thanksliving" to you all,
Mary Anne

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote