View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
Leslie's sister

Sad Day

Hey guys. It is a sad, sad, day when we lose a member with the amount of genuine love and caring that Mary Jo has in her heart. She reached out to my sister and I over a year ago with such strong, loving words. Words that carried my sister and I through those first nightmare months. My sister still can’t bring herself to read this board (because of the intense sadness she feels when reading about those that have progression). But she can and does routinely email Mary Jo who has been her rock through this whole thing. This is a support board, not a board to promote our philosophical viewpoints. It is a board that “promotes education by maximizing the utilization of available resources”. The philosophical viewpoint that “how you think determines how you will feel and how you will fare” can easily be dismissed as nonsense without a second thought sitting in my position (someone without cancer) but for someone that has been diagnosed…….. Geez, if they don’t advocate that position, it would be overwhelmingly upsetting. As if they were somehow the cause of what was happening…. if they thought hard enough they could somehow change things. I don’t think I could sit quietly on that one either. I wish I hadn’t sat quietly if sitting quietly means losing the Mary Jo’s on this board. We can’t afford a loss like this. We have already lost such inspirations as ((((hugs))))) Sandy, Love and Light Lisa and the Living Legend Lyn to this ugly disease. Let’s not lose our dearest Mary Jo because some feel the need to push their personal philosophies on the rest of us. Maybe a separate board for philosophical discussions??????
5 cm. Her2Neu+++, ER-, PR-
1 positive node out of six,
double mastectomy 6/9/06;
TCH started 7/12/06
last chemo 10/25/06
herceptin ended 6-11-07
Leslie's sister is offline   Reply With Quote