View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
PinkGirl

Talking sorry

I am sorry marejo, that I am going to use your thread to further comment on how I feel about Andi's treatment. I have no choice - I said I wouldn't post again on the other thread, and I'm a girl of my word

I don't see it the way you do. I have a HUGE problem with the way Andi was viciously attacked for stating HER beliefs. I don't agree with everything Andi says, but I respect her right to say it. I also respect the rights of those opposed to her views.

Andi was attacked, hurtfully. No one was ever asked to apologize for their views and beliefs. With or without scientific studies to back her up, Andi's Truth is her Truth. Andi's attackers went for her jugular - downright meanness and hostility. There were more attacks on Andi's character than on her message. Although some came to her defense (not of her beliefs, but to the way she was being viciously attacked), most remained silent. This is a Board full of intelligent, polite discourse, a lot of humour and some confrontation. Andi's attackers went too far and not enough of us stood up for ourselves and for what we want this Board to be for us.

BAD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN GOOD PEOPLE DO NOTHING.

HE WHO ALLOWS OPPRESSION SHARES THE CRIME

IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

I am NOT referring to Andi's views and beliefs. I am referring to the horrible way she was treated.

This AM, Believe posted her thanks for this unbreakable, unconditional bond of friendship. Marejo has posted about the HOGWASH of self healing through positive attitude and is taking a vacation from the Board. What's happening to us????? Chrisy.......have you figured out a way to wiggle through the www and put us in "time-out". This is crazy.......

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album