View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Do You Know Dora???

I just bought my almost 3 yr old granddaughter an almost big as her DORA THE EXPLORER, a character she is in love with. I reached out and clipped her off the hook she was hanging on. She kind of called out to me. Darling! Now, I am thinking of going back to the store and buying one for *me* after reading MJo's post. Well my two little sheep (white Maltese boy pups) pretty much serve the same purpose.

Barb, it's okay for even you to have a not so cheery, borderline melancholy, what's going on day. Cyberhugs are guaranteed germ free. So I am sending you some, for today, and for your big Bday!! So you'll surprise your friends and get better fast and live to celebrate a different day. Life rarely goes as we plan. We don't know the Big Picture. And the bumpy jarring ruts in the road force us to appreciate what we do have and to learn to adapt to the annoying interruptions we hadn't counted on. It is good tat you're ruminating. You got some great advice from the wise ones on the board.

Hope you're feeling all the love headed your way.

BTW, you're not whining! You're ventilating. That's a good thing. Vent away. We can take it. We have strong shoulders. Especially when we have our dolls close by to hug and make us smile...
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote