View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Unhappy Down in the Dumps

I am feeling so down in the dumps....started Abraxane with Tykerb 2 weeks ago, as Pet showed activity increasing in my lung met. I guess I will be bald for my 50th birthday, and my friends had to cancel the surprize party they were planning because the Dr. told me to stay out of the public. 2nd treatment had me down on the couch/bed/chair for four days and I had to get IV yesterday because I was so dehydrated. I also have a small brain met and now they are saying they won't do stereotactic on that until the lung met is under control - and I am so afraid what will happen while I wait. It seems like for every step forward I take there is a step back...or more. I am usually considered one of the most positive people where I get treated....I am often utilized as positive reinforcement for other people - I just cannot seem to pick myself back up right now.
Ok, I'm done whining, but does anybody have any suggestions for me to help myself back up? Has anyone else had to wait to have a brain met treated like this or should I start looking for more opinions or somewhere else to be treated? Has anyone ever went to (or know someone who has went to) Cancer Centers of America and are they any good?

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote