View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
Debra

Thank you

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have settled down some since I posted but still overwhelmed with fear regarding my genetic results. I know it doesn't change my outcome at all or does it mean my cancer may be back-----it's my kids. I am scared to death I may have to tell my kids I carry the gene. My son actually checked the answer machine with the message "we have your results and you need to call back for appt." So of course he was questioning me already when I didn't want them to know yet I was even having it done.
Today was just a combo of not feeling well (low back pain, dizzy etc) which put negative thoughts in my head and then having to schedule this appt. so that is why I am feeling this fear all over again. I think what bothers me most is I have dealt with the cancer for two years now but now I may have to deal with the fact that I may have passed this gene on to my kids.

You all have been such a support system for me. I don't post many new threads myself and often never have great info to offer others but I have learned more from everyone here then my own doctors! There is so much comfort in knowing others really know how I feel. I can't get that anywhere else.

To "soccermom", I will be checking out that site. Thank you.

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote