View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #14
Becca

Joannie, I posted earlier about what I am trying and so far it IS helping. I rub Purell (or any sanitizer) around the nails 2-3 times day, take B-6, asked my onc if I could take some V-C (he said yes), and now soak both toenails and fingernails twice a day for just a few minutes with 1 part white vinegar to 4 parts water. Also I try to Keep the Nails Dry. Use a hairdryer after handwashing, use the blow dryers in restrooms,etc. (Before I was coating them with triple antibotic ointment all the time which kept them moist--I no longer do that.)(Also I was soaking them in hot water and that did not help.)

I had 2 toenails, and 3 fingernails that were in BAD shape--pus oozing from both sides, swollen and inflamed. Now they are looking almost normal. Perhaps something I am doing might help you with your toenail (if it is from the chemo). You still have a few days before Mon--try what I am doing and see if it helps any. If it does, perhaps you can save the nail, if it doesn't help then it may be an ingrown nail like the onc thinks.
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote