View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Just Me...

It's just me again. Same message, but different... I do not believe the anti d's cause ca. I believe the toll of the chemical alteration in your bodymind causes T cells to plummet (actually proven in many studies -- linked w/stress, distress, pp out of work, loss of loved one, etc.). This leaves your immune system not in good fighting position and open/prone to infection and malfunction/dysfunction. Ca is out of control cells run amok, w/no NKs (natural killers) around to hold them off. Joanne, please read Leslie's fab links. Read my post in this thread re this. Step back. Become The Witness. The Observer. Change your perspective a bit, from a distance. It is an astounding realization that can EMPOWER you and change your life forever...

I haven't adequate words to say how sorry I am that you lost a daughter. As I first read your words something clutched at my heart and choked it. I gasped. How utterly devastating such an experience has to be. Can you ever recover? Surely Zoloft and the like will assist you in getting your footing and embracing Life with gusto, as I have no doubt, your daughter wishes for you. You will put your arms around her again. For now, live for her, in memory of her, as a tribute to her. That is the best you can do. With much loving, healing energy sent from me to you, with my deepest respect for you and all you have had to endure...
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote