View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Sherryg683

A little hurt.....long

As some of you may know, my brother is in the advanced stages of melanoma and isn't doing well. He has always been a bachelor. I have 3 other siblings, all of them are pretty much "screw ups" for lack of a better word. My younger sister is always borrowing from everyone she can borrow from, my older sister is living off the life insurance from her husbands aunt, and my other brother is in prison. My brother that is sick is a very honest, moral guy and has many times told me that me and him were the only two that never gave my mother any problems, I know he respects me more than he does the others. It has been my husband that has been taking him back and forth to MD Anderson in Houston. I am suppose to be picking him up this weekend. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with him trying to help him through it. The others have basically done nothing. When he got sick a year ago he called me and told me the plans of his will, he let me know that he was planning on leaving the house to my younger sister after my mother died and that my siblings were going to get the rest of the money because basically "i didn't need it, and that I might not live that long anyway " (put in kinder words). He seems to think that my husband makes good money and I am taken care of. (we are comfortable but not at all rich). He asked me if I was OK with this. To be honest, I was speachless, it was his money and all I could say was, " you do what you want with your money, you have worked for it". I have continued to be more than supportive of him and my husband has taken his time off from work and used his own money to go and get him from Houston. Well, my mother called me up a couple of days ago and told me my brother had just made his will ( he left it on the table for her to read). .She had been crying. She was very upset for me, he had not even mentioned me in the will at all...absolutely nothing. He has over 200,000 dollars and it was to be split equally between my other siblings, even the one that is in prision (and it not likely to ever get out). She told him that it was very unfair and that he should not have left me out unless i had done something to him, that he had 4 siblings, not 3. He told her that I was OK with it. To be honest, I am NOT OK with it. I am hurt as hell. It's not the money, I didn't expect to be cut in equally with the "needy" ones as he calls them. I just honesly didn't expect to be the only one in the family that was cut out completely, not even mentioned. I figured he would come around and at least mention me and leave me something,even just a token gesture. I'm a little angry, more at my siblings who suck and suck off everyone else and don't do a damn thing as far as helping out. I'm angry that it is always me and my husband and my mother that is left to do the problem solving and traveling. My brother is very stingy with his money and hasn't offered to pay for any of our expenses. I guess I should have spoke up a year ago but I honestly didn't think he would totally forget about me. I have never done anything but try to help him. I find myself now saying "screw it, let my sisters take their asses up to Houston to get him. Let them worry about how he's going to get up there and back. I love my brother and he is in a bind and needs help and I know I'll never turn my back on him. I am just now a little more inclined to let the others do their share. I pray every night that my brother beats this thing so that he can spend his money and there is nothing left for them to get, he is the only one who deserves it. I guess I'm just hurt now and will have to pray and get over it..sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote