View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #9
Chelee

I found out about this over a yr ago when I was googling something. I found many of my posts from the her2 board and the breastcancer.org board. I am uncomfortable with just anyone finding my posts & that is the main reason I will not put up an avatar or use my real name. (Although, I wish that I could.) Its nice to put a name with a face together.

I've had too many problems at the cancer center I go too and didn't like the idea of *them* finding, & seeing what I post...so therefore I remain to all as Chelee. (Of course, not my real name.) As far as I know there is no way around this other then to make a board totally private by invite only. Which would be sad to do because this board is so important to someone that's just been DX her2/neu and is scared to death needing information. There is no other board that comes close to this for her2 as everyone here knows. I can't imagine what would of happened to me had I not ran across this board. (I don't want to even think about it!) You can't get this kind of information anywhere else so for now the only thing to do if you don't want people to run into your posts via google or other search engines is to change your name and remove your avatar.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote