View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
weezie1053

Smile

I finished Taxol in Feb, and I'm still fighting the battle of the big toe nail. I had problems with both fingernails and toenails. As my Oncologist once said, I'm a textbook for side affects...but it was a small price to pay for being healthy now. Fingernails look pretty good with the exception of one which is still half white, but I cover with nail polish. Big toe is a booger, and it is taking its time growing back and healing correctly. Had problems with warts on the soles of my feet which the podiatrist said came, most likely, from a weakened immune system. Had laser surgery, and he prescribed a lotion which now keeps my scaley feet smooth. If you ask, you will find a solution for most anything. I also didn't listen and had manicures and pedicures while on chemo. Hope other newbies don't make that same mistake. I'll never know if some of my problems came from the manicures and pedicures, but they probably aggravated some of my hoof problems. As my Daddy use to say, "they who do not listen, have to feel."

Louise
  • Taxol/Herceptin combo- 12 weekly treatments;
  • Completed chemo - 2/07; completed restruction 02/07; reduction of left breast.
  • BRCA 1 and 2 negative - 6/15/07;DX high risk for distant recurrence
  • MRI, 08/02/07 - NED
  • 1 year Anniversary - 09/07; completed Herceptin 11/07.
  • Mammo 02/14/08 - NED; MRI - 08/2008 - NED
  • 2 year Anniversary - 09/08
  • Mammo 02/09 - NED; MRI - 08/09 - NED
  • 3rd year Anniversary - 09/09
  • 5th Annivery - 09/2011 - NED
weezie1053 is offline   Reply With Quote